The Service Manager is responsible for all functions on an opening, mid or closing shift to include guest relations, supervision of all staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambiance, food & beverage quality and safety. The Service Manager ensures that the shift is run in a smooth manner and attends to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise. The Service Manager is responsible for staffing, scheduling, financial goals and staff development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets the standard for service expectations by scrutinizing every aspect of the guest's experience from start to finish.
- Positively coaches team members to achieve the highest quality of service in all areas of the restaurant.
- Supports and works well with all members of the management team.
- Communicates with team members, managers and staff using open communication.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with staff.
- Demonstrates skill and care when selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and appraising staff.
- Works with managers, team members and HR on disciplinary matters and issues.
- Cross trains and develops staff to provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Successfully resolves guest problems to ensure the guest's happiness.
- Takes responsibility for growth and development by setting goals and seeking out knowledge.
- Maintains good energy and positive image to guests and staff during the shift.
- Conducts daily line checks for food quality freshness and standards at the beginning of each shift.
- Manages expo to ensure food quality, recipe adherence and proper plate presentation.
- Corrects any food or beverage problems before they reach the guest.
- Demonstrates thorough recipe knowledge and awareness of food and beverage quality.
- Uses opening and closing checklists at each shift.
- Follows shift plan and conducts pre-shift meetings with staff.
- Makes adjustments to staffing levels as needed to achieve labor goals.
- Achieves and maintains a clean and sanitary environment throughout the restaurant.
- Demonstrates and promotes safety awareness.
- Helps the restaurant achieve financial goals for the assigned area without compromising food or beverage quality and service.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of Policies and Procedures, proper use of forms, payroll procedures, reports, local applicable employment laws and employee file maintenance.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); Bilingual a plus*
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with all Managers, Hourly Team Members, and Guests.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to exercise integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
- Ability to perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Able to work ten hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 3 years full-service Restaurant Management experience
- Must receive MIT training certification.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Use fingers or hands to grasp, move, or assemble small objects.
- Stand for long periods of time, 11-12 hour shifts
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Walk or run.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- See difference among colors, shades, and brightness.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Recognize and understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See objects in very low light.
- While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side.
- Make fast, simple, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Often work indoors, but may rarely work outdoors.
- Often work nights and weekends, when restaurants are busiest.
- Have a high level of social contact. They work closely with staff and deal often with restaurant patrons.
- Must be sure that all details of the job are performed and their work is accurate. Errors could result in risks to the health and safety of others.
- Help supervise, coach, and train employees.
- Often work unpredictable hours, to fill in for absent workers.
- Must be constantly aware of changing events, such as staff or supply shortages.
- Are expected to work 55 hours per week, up to 11-12 hours per day.
- Are responsible for the work of servers and food preparers.
- Are somewhat responsible for the health and safety of restaurant patrons and staff.
This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values, our team and our strategic partnerships. All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities will receive consideration for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, the presence of non-job related medical conditions, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal laws.
Depend on the Nation's Leading Hospitality & Restaurant Recruiters
A nationwide network of Restaurant and Hospitality Recruiting Offices, an immense database of qualified candidates, and over 600 jobs to fill at any one time: Patrice and Associates is the recruiting engine that fuels the restaurant and hospitality industry. We are specialized recruiters for all restaurant and hospitality jobs and we have connections that build rewarding careers and grow great brands. Our franchisees work the entire country and focus on all major locations including Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Houston, Miami, Richmond, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Indianapolis, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Detroit, Washington DC, Minneapolis, San Antonio, Denver, Seattle we have hospitality connections everywhere!
ANNOUNCING we now have offices in Canada and additional international expansion planned!
Role: Restaurant Manager
Location: Round Rock,
Apply for this job now.