Senior Financial Planning Analyst
London Head Office, Holborn
£Competitive Salary + Benefits
Reporting to Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Senior Financial Planning Analyst Purpose:
Due to the continued growth of the business, we are looking for a passionate, driven and ambitious Analyst to join our global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Argus.
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst will play a significant role in the FP&A team with the production of monthly reports for senior management, dashboards, KPIs, developing new insights, working on budget/forecast cycle and support the commercial teams from a finance perspective.
The ideal candidate will be a recently qualified or part-qualified accountant with experience in the production of reports and information for senior management and business heads. They will have strong analytical and modelling skills and good communication skills.
Key responsibilities of our Senior Financial Planning Analyst:
• Support the FP&A team with the production of daily, weekly and monthly reporting including providing the business with financial information
• Work on the delivery of the financial planning cycles; strategic plan, annual budget and in year forecasting
• Prepare all necessary analysis, reporting and presentations for the forecast and plan processes and provide support to the 5YP process
• Develop financial models and prepare in-depth analyses to support strategic initiatives and enable effective decision making
• Provide financial and commercial support to key stakeholders
• Support in the preparation of presentations for board, group management and committee meetings
• Ensure clear communication around business drivers and future implications, including development and promotion of well-understood and insightful KPIs
• Other regular and ad hoc reporting as required to support the FP&A and reporting requirements
Skills and Experience required of our Senior Financial Planning Analyst:
• Newly qualified/ Part-qualified accountant with a background in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or related discipline
• Ability to work with and develop detailed financial models from large data sets, strong excel skills, financial consolidation tools and PowerPoint presentations
• Strong and effective analytical skills and good business acumen
• Working knowledge of developing annual plan, forecasts and producing executive monthly board pack
• Ability to present your findings in an insightful and informative manner
• Good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with all levels of the organisation
• A pro-active nature and ‘can-do’ work ethic in seeking out and resolving issues; and identifying opportunities to deliver improved processes and effectiveness within the team
• Proficient using Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point. Advanced Excel skills (financial modelling) required
• Knowledge of business intelligence platforms such as Netsuite, Birst, PBCS an advantage
About Argus Media:
Argus is an independent media organisation with over 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg.
Benefits available to our Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
• Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
• Group pension scheme
• Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
• 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
• Subsidised gym membership
• Season ticket travel loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Extensive internal and external training
Want to apply for this Senior Financial Planning Analyst vacancy?
If this aligns with your next career move, please click apply below now as we’d love to hear from you. Or alternatively, please click the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ocpVbfwr&s=Gaapweb