- Must be mechanically inclined. Prefer experience in all phases of semi-trailer repairs such as brakes, electrical, floor repair, tires, welding, hydraulics, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, modifications work, etc. Also, experience in DOT inspections, welding, tires new and repairing, change (mount & dismount).
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on trailing equipment in compliance with manufacturers' and company schedules.
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance (including: inspect and perform work in, on or under parts of trailers).
- Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness, safety and compliance.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation.
- Follow McGriff policy and procedures in making all repairs.
- Participate in company training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- General trailer repair and knowledge
- Previous or current ASE certifications desired, not required.
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC and MIG desired
- Must have clean MVR, Drug Test, pass DOT physical.
If interested, please apply online at #removed# Application is required to be considered for this position. EOE
Role: Mechanic - Trailer Mechanic / Tire Tech
Apply for this job now.