Our client, an innovative company in its sector, seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to help strengthen its team. Reporting to the FP&A Manager, the role this role encompasses a wide range of duties including the following;
- Working with the project teams to assist them with their cost management including, but not limited to, monitoring and tracking expenditure through purchase orders and reviewing the processing of invoices.
- Working with the project team and relevant external vendors to understand actuals to date and forecasts, and how these feed into the organisation's accounts and budget cycles.
- Preparation of PO workings for monthly PO accruals and prepayment calculations for Research and Development expense across the organisation's portfolio. Responsible for identifying grant funded costs and ensuring that income is appropriately recognised.
- Preparation of invoicing and supporting back up to external funding bodies for reimbursement.
- Production of monthly reporting packs.
- Collate commentary on Actuals month, YTD and variances to Budget.
- Providing financial information as required by the project teams and the FP&A team
- Working collaboratively across the finance function and supporting more junior members of the team.
- Support the quarterly and year-end audits and the preparation of the group tax computations.
- Other ad hoc duties & projects as requested
- Applicants should have either an accounting qualification - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or be 'qualified by experience ' with proven experience in a similar role and SME environment.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA
- Proven finance reporting & analysis experience in a complex business
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Experience of working within a fast-paced finance function
- Able to use your own initiative to propose and implement process improvement