Company: E & C MID-ATLANTIC VENTURES, LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
SummaryReceives cash/credit card from customers in payment for goods or services, while providing professional, courteous customer service, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Makes change and issues receipts to customers.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Quotes price and describes features of items for which money is received.
- Operates cash register by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
- Verify cigarette count w/ previous shift & once again with incoming shift.
- Follow Company Policy for carding: alcohol and cigarettes.
- Responsible for pricing/displaying of received goods.
- Check-in vendors, ensuring all product is delivered before signing receipt. Keep copy of anything signed and turn into mgmt. at end of shift.
- Operate lottery machine.
- Clean-up the entire store location, both inside and out, including bathrooms and/or spills of gasoline.
- Responsible for stocking/restocking of all merchandise and supplies.
- Keep all food service equipment clean and full.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact and provide outstanding customer service to our patrons, as well as co-workers.
- Successfully complete a TIPS class/Liquor liability training/Chemical training.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.