Senior Quantity Surveyor - Competitive - Derby
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be responsible for managing all costs relating to building engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures, in order to minimise costs and enhance value for money, while ensuring the required standards and quality are maintained.
The successful candidate will support the operational team in the commercial processes to ensure achievement of turnover and profit targets, profitable contracts and sound cash flow performance
The key responsibilities of a Senior Quantity Surveyor include, but are not limited to:
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects within an NEC03 Framework Contract in accordance with SPIE procedures.
- To liaise with clients' surveyors on financial matters in order to provide an accurate forecast of final accounts.
- To maintain sub-contractor accounts, working with and the project team to keep up to date financial information.
The key skills and qualities of a Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Educated to HND or Degree level in quantity or building surveying or a construction-related subject.
- Demonstrable commercial experience.
- Mechanical and Electrical quantity surveying experience in a building services background.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse and able to accurately forecast cost and sales.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- IT Literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office
- System experience - CPA, Coins or similar
- Ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in engineering construction industry.
- Sound understanding of the implications of Health and Safety regulations.
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.