Company: ELLIOTT AVIATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Elliott Aviation, a leader in aircraft solutions, has an exciting opportunity for a Service Technician Crew Chief at their corporate headquarters in Moline, IL. Since 1936, Elliott Aviation has been a world-class provider of comprehensive and customer-focused solutions for business aviation. Our vision, building partnerships that last, applies to our employees as well as our customers.
This hands-on position is responsible for providing world-class leadership, with the assistance of management, to create a team atmosphere where members are challenged to maintain aircraft in the safest, highest quality, most efficient means possible, and to provide excellent customer service, both internal and external. Manage all aspects of assigned aircraft projects including coordinating necessary resources, documentation, and communication with the appropriate personnel, including customers, to ensure timeliness and quality maintenance for delivery of the assigned aircraft projects.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage assigned Technicians on all aspects of assigned aircraft projects to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency throughout all phases of the projects. Accept full ownership of assigned projects from pre-planning to delivery of aircraft projects. Complete required planning, prioritizing, and communicating with customers, Elliott Aviation personnel, Original Equipment Manufactures', outside contractors and vendors. Ensure the safety and security of customer's aircraft, equipment, and parts during all maintenance phases.
- Manage projects by scheduling and assigning work for team members and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members for compliance and quality performance. Hold team members accountable to Elliott Aviation approved Policies and Processes including aspects of professionalism, safety, and cleanliness of the work environment. Ensures the team's consistent use, control and compliance with appropriate approved technical data from authorized engineering sources, FAA approved documentation and original equipment aircraft manufacturers' maintenance & compliance documentation.
- Oversee, complete, and maintain accurate & timely aircraft and project documentation. This documentation oversight includes reviewing preliminary reports to ensure accuracy of forecasting, billed labor hours, reviewing work orders and invoices, discrepancy listings and pentagon documentation, etc., to ensure timely and accurate entries, inventory allocation, appropriate sign-off language, and accurate charges for labor.
- Inspect, service, repair, and troubleshoot aircraft-related systems and structures using applicable Aircraft Manufacturers' Maintenance Manuals, Component and Vendor installation and maintenance manuals all while utilizing the Elliott Aviation Quality Control Manual approved Policies and Procedures.
- Promote growth and development of assigned team members to instill team cohesiveness and trust by monitoring and evaluating team members' performance in a professional, positive, accurate and timely manner. Participate in personal and leadership development opportunities and demonstrates leadership and professionalism at all times.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State and local regulations and Elliott Aviation's Environmental, Health and Safety Policies and Processes.
- Provide timely updates to Scheduler/Planners to insure Daily Tracking System is current and accurate
- Provide timely updates to Scheduler/Planners to insure MLI Manpower Forecast Document is current and accurate
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Top candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills, management abilities and outstanding organizational skills.
Other requirements include:
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificates required, FAA Inspector Authorization (IA) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of FARs 43, 65, 91, 135, 145.
- Ten Years Aviation Related Experience is preferred
- Previous Leadership and Supervisory Experience preferred