DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as medical, dental, life, disability, employee assistance, retirement, wellness, COBRA and other voluntary benefits.
- Researches and responds to complex questions from employees and HR Leaders regarding interpretation of benefit plans including; eligibility, covered services, exclusions and participant responsibility.
- Oversees benefit enrollment process, including open enrollment meetings, to ensure employees receive accurate information and enrollments are completed timely. Is responsible for maintenance of employee benefit eligibility, costs and enrolment process and file feeds to vendors in the HRIS system (Ultimate Software).
- Ensures necessary plan documents are in place and government mandated disclosures (ie SPDs, SBCs, SARs, etc) are distributed to employees. Oversees development of informative materials from vendors, ensures availability of adequate materials and assists Sr. Manager Compensation & Benefits with development of appropriate in-house communication materials.
- Maintains knowledge of and analyses government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations and ensures compliance of benefit administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor.
- Reconciles and submits employee contributions and/or payments to various vendors using appropriate internal accounting practices in a timely manner.
- Supports weekly HIPAA file feeds with vendors by reviewing error reports, trouble- shooting issues, tracing data issues to root causes and partnering with HRIS and carriers to resolve on-going issues.
- Coordinates employees’ leave of absence with Local HR managers, payroll, disability providers and other internal contacts, ensuring FMLA and ADA compliance, tracking of approved time off, pay while on leave, answering employee questions, providing information on benefits while away and tracking / reconciling employee missed benefits contribution payments.
- Assist with ongoing benefits education initiatives including development, implementation, and coordination with Local HR managers while tracking successful engagement measures with employees.
- Assists with analysis of job descriptions and conducts market pricing, including participating in market data surveys, responding to internal requests for job pricing and preparing ad hoc reports.
- Assist with the annual compensation planning cycle including auditing data, report building, HRIS management, data analysis and communications.
- Assist with Equity Administration by creating and running reports, creating grant packages within Etrade, administering transaction events and addressing employee questions.
- Provide support in the preparation of Compensation Board materials.
- Participate in project work or additional goals of the Human Resource department
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related degree
- 3-5 years of benefit program administration required
- 1-2 years of compensation program administration preferred
- Knowledge of retirement plans required
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with HRIS systems (Ultipro Software highlight preferred), in particular assisting in diagnosing and resolving issues for the end users of the system
- Demonstrated experience working with advanced functions of MS Offices or related technologies (Excel skills required include: pivot tables, Lookups, if/then statements, etc.)
- Ability to influence others without formal authority
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
The Addison Group is a leading staffing firm based in Chicago, IL that specializes in connecting opportunities and candidates in Administration & HR, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Founded in 1999, Addison Group has now established a coast to coast presence, with 22 offices nationwide: Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (HQ), Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Reston, Rockville, San Antonio, San Francisco, Schaumburg, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, DC.
Named a “Top 50” Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while fostering a competitive yet team-oriented environment. Addison Group is an Inavero’s Best of Staffing winner for the past six years. Addison Group is focused on organic growth—each year we promote people from within to open new branches and lines of business. Addison Group is a team-oriented work environment with a work hard/play hard atmosphere—Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work for the past five years. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
Role: Benefits and Compensation Analyst
Location: Downers Grove,
Apply for this job now.