Hazardous Waste Assessor
Our client is an expanding hazardous waste company looking to employ an additional team member required to directly support the sales function to assess hazardous wastes for acceptance and treatment.
Reporting directly to the sales department you will be required to visit prospective and existing client's sites to fully assess any hazardous waste enquiries.
Duties will include:
- Communicating directly with company clients and prospects, and company suppliers.
- Travelling to any specified industrial or commercial site to assess and collect any required waste samples, or relevant data or information to gain a full appraisal of all chemical nature and hazards. A company vehicle will be made available.
- Collate a full site report / information pack - for submission to the sales manager in accordance with existing environmental legislation, including data entry to existing company systems.
- Assisting in holiday relief and cover for the company site chemist
Requirements for the role:
- Ideally a chemist degree or equivalent chemistry-based qualification, preferably with a minimum 1-year waste industry experience
- Some direct customer liaison experience is required for arranging client appointments and dealing with clients, therefore must be able to communicate effectively and understand customer requirements and be a competent and professional representative of the company.
- Basic it or data input skills only, although in house training will be made to the successful candidate.
A basic salary is advertised for the position but is negotiable dependent upon the relevant candidates' skills and / or experience
Normal working hours will be Mon to Fri, usual office hours, but you will be required to travel within the role so may occasionally have to work overtime / additional hours. Additional pay will be pro-rata.
- Holidays include 20 working days plus bank holidays
- The company operates an initial probationary period of 3 months for any new employment
- Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
if you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.