Required Experience: 10+ yrs of relevant experience (prior Military is highly desired)
Required Education: Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Engineering (Structural Emphasis);
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits package will be explained during the hiring process.
Travel Required: Estimated up to 20%
- Licensed as a Professional Structural Engineer (P.E.) required
- Master’s degree desired.
- Veterans Affairs, Dept. of Defense, &/or other Federal agency experience desired.
- Will require security clearance eligibility
- Be self-motivated, able to perform and solve problems independently, and take the initiative to make sound decisions with minimal oversight.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in structural design software i.e. SAP2000, STAAD.Pro, RISA Suite, AutoCAD (Autodesk or Bentley) etc. and functional in Construction Estimating systems, MS Office Suite including Project & Visio, Adobe Acrobat Pro and other various design and project scheduling software.
- Experience with BIM/Revit a bonus.
- Prepare and Manage civil / structural / seismic engineering designs, studies and reports for various facilities including hospitals, corporate office complexes, and seismic retrofits of complex existing structures
- Interact and coordinate with team for projects involving other design disciplines
- Evaluates design objectives, perform complex technical calculations, identify economical and efficient procedures for design and resolve applicability of criteria.
- Prepare construction documents and layouts for development of drawings by technicians and review completed work for technical adequacy and completeness.
- Prepare technical specifications, material estimates, correspondence, technical reports, and portions of design memoranda.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for assigned projects and assigned portions
- Assist with the development of design-bid-build packages and development of Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for design-build projects.
- Make site visits to identify and eliminate conflicts design criteria.
- Prepare detailed engineering economic analyses
- Coordinate reviews and recommend approval action for shop drawings, submittals, and O&M manuals
Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume including compensation requirements
Valhalla Engineering Group is a fast-growing service-disabled veteran-owned small business that provides architecture, engineering and consulting services. We specialize in providing high-quality services in support of government and commercial buildings/facilities. Valhalla is a military friendly company and we pride ourselves on our ability to hire prior military professionals. Valhalla Engineering Group is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any protective status.
Role: Structural Engineer (P.E.)
Apply for this job now.