Must have basic knowledge of appliances, minor plumbing and electrical work and other skills including drywall, painting and carpentry. Cooperative attitude. Familiarity with all water cutoffs, apartments fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs, circuit breakers and fire alarm equipment.
Minimum 2 years experience, high school diploma/GED.
- Responds to service requests and work orders as assigned by Superintendent (minor plumbing, HVAC, garbage disposal, hardware and locks, minor electrical repairs, appliances, repairs, painting, etc).
- Does preventative maintenance on routine and regularly scheduled basis (e.g. changes filters, lubricates, replaces washer, light bulbs, etc).
- Maintains orderly and clean areas (shop, storage, janitorial closet) and maintains security and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Provides lawn and shrub care (including watering, mowing, clipping, weeding, etc).
- Prepares apartments for re-rentals (painting, windows, carpets, general housekeeping, checks and repairs all appliances, hardware, windows, screens, shades, cabinets, caulking, tile doors, etc).
- Keeps maintenance and housekeeping equipment (e.g. cleaning machines, compactor, etc.) in good working condition and cleans after use.
- Instructs tenants in use of appliances (including HVAC, refrigerator defrosting, range, disposal, fans, etc).
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent, including but not limited to taking charge of building and supervising janitorial staff in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Reports to work, as scheduled by Building Superintendent for 40 hours per week, clock in and out on time clock.
- Report, in writing, any mechanical, hazardous or other problems which could adversely affect the safety or welfare of residents or the condition of the property.
- Must be patient with residents, polite and courteous.
The physical demands as described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
● Able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
● Must have full use of hands, arms and to perform repairs and to paint.
● Able to move equipment which would include significant pushing, pulling, bending and lifting.
● Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
● Able to walk quickly to/from job locations.
● Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and sometimes up to 100
pounds with assistance.
● Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
● Able to read and understand maintenance checklists.
● Able to work from maintenance work order system.
● Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions.
● Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent
at the time including snow removal.
Pre-employment criminal background and drug test is required.
Federation Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no calls and no walk-ins.
The mission of Federation Housing (FH) is to provide much-needed affordable housing communities and services that empower low-and-moderate-income seniors to live independently and with an enhanced quality of life. Federation Housing is a local not-for profit real estate management and development company with properties in Northeast Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery Counties.
Role: Maintenance Technician - Entry Level
Apply for this job now.