The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for a wide variety of initiatives within the Quality Department. Responsibilities include: the identification and implementation of Quality Management Systems initiatives; Participate on the Quality Team to support managing the flow of discrepant hardware; Lead the investigation activities for high impact quality issues; Support of the QMS through conducting internal audits, development of procedures and standard work, perform internal and external supplier quality audits and conduct appropriate training on QMS related topics.
· Process data relating to defects and repair actions to identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities.
· Witness software and firmware build and load procedures.
· Provide configuration management for purchase order Quality Assurance requirements.
· Lead or facilitate root cause analysis events for high impact internal and customer quality issues that drive breakthrough improvements in product quality and business processes.
· Conduct internal ISO9001/AS9100 Rev D process audits of the Quality Management System and lead follow-up Corrective Actions as necessary.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of procedures, standard work and other associated process controls required to support the Quality initiatives.
· Conduct training on procedures, work instructions and QMS related topics.
· Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause to ensure effective corrective actions are implemented.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of procedures, standard work instructions and other associated process controls required to support Ophir’s Quality Management System.
· Interface with Engineering and Production to ensure production readiness of complex orders.
· Perform receiving inspection on incoming goods, and final inspection of completed product.
· Maintain calibration system.
· Experience with Software Quality Assurance desired.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills
· BS or higher degree in Engineering or Technical field.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in an aerospace manufacturing or assembly environment in a Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or continuous improvement role.
· Demonstrated ability at leading or facilitating structured problem-solving events within the framework of a company-wide continuous improvement program.
· Working knowledge of ISO9001 or AS9100 preferred.
· Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or ASQ-CQE and CQA certification highly desirable.
· Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and team facilitation skills.
· Ability to work under limited supervision.
Ophir uses our extensive lidar expertise to meet our customers challenging, remote-sensing needs and to deliver value-added solutions. Our customers need lidar solutions when the sensor environment is demanding and the sensor size has to be small! We specialize in optical, remote sensing for characterizing the atmosphere. Our sensors provide both airborne and ground-based solutions for our military and commercial customers.
Optical air data
Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
Apply for this job now.