New Day Recovery is a sub-acute 16 bed detox facility, We prepare and serve three meals per day to our clients in our professional kitchens. We are seeking part-time Kitchen Staff to join our dedicated kitchen team! In addition, beverages and snacks are provided throughout the day per company guidelines. The Kitchen staff is responsible for the preparation, serving and kitchen/dining room cleanliness at our facilities. This is a non-exempt position with hours and schedule established to meet client needs; evening/weekend hours are required.
At New Day Recovery, you will find challenging projects and energetic people with the desire to make a difference. We are looking for well-rounded individuals who are smart, self-motivated, and thrives on working independently and able to make vital contributions to the team effort. You must be the sort of person that understands the details, but at the same time sees the big picture.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances up to company and local governing bodies standards
- Previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
New Day Recovery is an equal opportunity employer. We hire the best qualified candidate without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
New Day Recovery operates withdrawal management and residential treatment programs with locations in Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbia Counties.
Breaking free of alcohol and drug addiction is achievable with the right treatment and supportive team. New Day Recovery's mission is to provide an effective, caring, and efficient client centered continuum of behavioral health treatment services to residents in Northeast Ohio. We offer a range of treatment options in our program to fit the individual needs of each client. We provide care to the client not solely focusing on the physical aspects of addiction, but to the whole individual. #removed#-recovery.com
New Day is an EEO/DFWP
Role: Kitchen Assistant
Apply for this job now.