Waste Water Technician- Part-time
Responsible for assisting in the operation of the waste water facility and environmental laboratory.
Will relieve waste water technicians for vacations and absences.
- Has basic understanding of all equipment associated with waste water processing, including pumps, clarifies, belt press, chemical mixers and computer controls, in order to monitor equipment.
- Basic knowledge of physical, chemical and biological processes in order to inspect and monitor treatment conditions. Inspects treatment process on a daily basis. Mixes chemicals as directed. Assists in unloading chemical tank trucks.
- Handles a variety of chemicals and hazardous materials. Reports unsafe conditions to supervision. Initiates emergency response team.
- Must be qualified for confined space entry
- Follows Job Safety Analysis at all times.
- Collects waste water samples, stream samples and others for laboratory analysis using prescribed techniques and equipment.
- Performs laboratory testing, using written procedures, on schedule for processing monitoring and reporting to the NC Dept. of Water Quality, including temperature, pH, oxygen content, conductivity and others ans directed.
- Reads daily entries in narrative log book and makes entries regarding process conditions
- Performs housekeeping in assigned areas.
- Operates plant vehicle off site as needed for stream monitoring and training.
- Current NC State Waste Water Certification in Biological or Physical Chemical in any grade 1-4
- Maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Have basic computer skills, emails, data entry , training.
- Receive health vaccines, as required, for WWTP Operators; inculding Hepatitis B and Tetanus shots.
- Fork lift experience, required
For more than 35 years, the staffing experts at Personnel Services Unlimited have been matching quality candidates with top employers in Western North Carolina. When you choose PSU, you are partnering with a team of tenured, experienced recruiting and HR professionals who are truly dedicated to finding the best solutions for your staffing or career needs.
Role: Waste Water Technician
Apply for this job now.