Company: JOURNEYCARE HOSPICE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
JourneyCare is the largest provider of supportive, palliative and hospice care in Illinois. JourneyCare serves patients and their families each day with an unmatched depth and breadth of expertise, experience, and services, providing exceptional care for each person, and support for those who love them, at every stage of the journey.
We are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing “whatever it takes, when it matters most.” We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving and caring for our patients. We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional patient care. We are committed to our staff, focusing on growth, innovation, and continued learning so that you can provide the best care to our patients and families.
What We offer:
- Great culture and team atmosphere
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, disability)
- 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match
- Generous time off accruals
- Paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Hospice Certification benefit and salary increase
- Merit Increases
- Employee Discount Programs
Position Summary: The Admissions Registered Nurse (RN) uses their knowledge in pain and symptom management and the end-of-life to educate patients, families, and referral sources about hospice. The Admissions RN is responsible for working with physicians to discern hospice eligibility and complete an initial assessment for those patients who meet criteria. The Admissions RN actively participates in coordination of all aspects of a patient’s care, including collaboration with referral sources to ensure seamless continuity of care.
Hours: 40 hours/week - 10-hour shifts Plus Weekend Rotation
Service Area(s): Lake County and Norhtern Cook County and referrals from Northwest Community Hospital
- Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Must possess current CPR, First Aid Certification
- 1 year Hospice experience, preferred
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members, visitors, agency personnel, and general public
- Must be knowledgeable of quality assessment and assurance procedures
Text 932 to #removed# to Apply!