· Develops standard CAD cells to be used for specific projects. Works with engineers to create master circuit drawings to be used for specific project locations.
· Creates cross reference material tables to be used for automated Bill of Materials.
· Responsible for leading daily activities on projects
· Provides routine detailing of circuits and layout drawings for new designs or modifications on existing drawings, per typical plans, masters, or sketches as directed. Assists or designs basic circuits for relay and/or microprocessor applications with limited guidance. Interfaces and provides technical assistance and supports departmental activities.
· Provides leadership and guidance in detail checking of drawings and material lists as directed.
· Potential to support factory tests and at the conclusion as required, supplies input to documents and reports.
· Performs/assists in detail checking of drawings and material lists
· Prepares and checks material listings by using master documentation.
· Supports miscellaneous group efforts to include producing submittals and copies, filing, record keeping and assists others as directed.
· Assists in basic design of standard circuits (panel lighting, code chart, tabulations, etc.)
· Supports field activities and implementation of changes.
· Supports factory testing and assists in the implementation of change orders.
· Applies test engineering processes and electrical test procedures.
· Travel to the customer is required. Duration and frequency will be determined by the customer's needs.
· Adhere to customer specifications while following Alstom detail standards
· Understand basic customer requirements
· Provides input on scope of work and schedules to project lead and management.
· Provides documentation related to project and ensures that project files are maintained.
· Familiar with test engineering processes/electrical test.
Required Education & Skills:
· Associates degree; preferred electrical technology or 7+ years of related electrical experience in CAD/schematic drawings
· Working knowledge in MS office software
· Working knowledge of detailing and CAD
· Basic knowledge of track & cable plans
· Basic understanding of material requirements
· Ability to understand and apply electrical assemblies
· Basic knowledge of factory test and how to use required gauges, etc.
· Computer technology or other technologies with strong electrical/electronic base or a basic understanding of electrical theory
· Familiarity with railway signaling products and systems
· Familiarity of railroad or transit language as it pertains to signaling systems
Aita Consulting Services
Role: CAD Designer / Drafter
Apply for this job now.