Job Summary: Branch Manager is expected to manage staff and foster a positive work environment. Responsible for training and managing inside sales force on all things sales related. This includes being a lead sales representative on the counter to monitor the staff and ensuring customer satisfaction. Responsible for branch operations, i.e., quality assurance, personnel, sales, inventory, and gross margin. Implements and maintains sound management policy regarding the selection, direction, and motivation of employees, and directs the total care, custody and control of physical assets of the branch.
Essential Job Duties:
• Goal setting to exceed budget for location.
• Motivate team through leadership and leading by example.
• Instill in all employees the desire to provide APO customers with excellent service, courteous treatment and quality products.
• Working counter as a lead sales representative.
• Overall management of sales personnel concerning customer service, and product issues.
• Increase customer count by actively searching, recruiting and developing new target customers.
• Organize outbound sales calls to existing customers, new customers and potential customers.
• Interact with customers to determine better service needs and implement changes accordingly.
• Address customers’ complaints, issues or concerns.
• Assist in the development of promotional materials to enhance product sales.
• Superior knowledge of company product literature and be able to convey product information and availability to customers.
• Supervises all warehouse personnel, assigns tasks and duties on a daily basis, i.e., shipping and receiving of inventory and proper storage of parts.
• Help manage the reduction of returns and allowances through training and development of sales representatives and customer relationships.
• Responsible for recruiting, training, development and motivation of all sales and warehouse personnel within the branch.
• Manage human resources by hiring, administering disciplinary action as necessary, terminating, and reassigning personnel to appropriate tasks as required.
• Processing end of day procedures and daily bank deposits.
• Review all financials for correctness; compare to budget and take appropriate actions as required.
• Review daily reporting on business metrics and ensure all operational procedures are in line with company standards.
• Manage business operations, including inbound freight, inventory counts and inventory control following all policies and procedures to maintain inventory accuracy; including receiving of all products into system, control and audit vendor issues.
• Monitors accuracy of bin maintenance, stocking and order pulling to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain the physical condition of the entire branch to reflect cleanliness, efficiency & organization.
• Ensuring all equipment is properly maintained - Order pickers, forklift, etc.
• Monitors expense budgets for repair and maintenance of equipment and overall building expenses.
• Working relationship with all departments as pertaining to APO branches.
• Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws, statutes and regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
• Manage the process of complying with all safety standards and requirements to assure a safe and hazard-free workplace.
• Assumes all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required. 3 years of sales background and up to five years related management experience, Additional computer software training or knowledge required. Prior experience that demonstrates effective sales, supervision and leadership skills required.
Ability to apply basic principles of management; i.e. plan, organize, direct and control. Possess ability to manage numerous employees to meet budgeted sales objectives for specific branch. Possess effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to establish priorities and exhibit effective time management skills. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Demonstrate interest and knowledge of autos/trucks. Maintain organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks. Be able to work in a fast paced environment with decision-making and negotiating skills.
Machines and Equipment:
Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart, ladder, computer, multi-user telephone system, copier, fax machine, and Microsoft Office software.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Must have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruption. Must have high energy level, and the ability to work under pressure. This position requires individuals to occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery, or performing supervisory responsibilities. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment.