The main role of the Accounts Receivable Clerk is to ensure the company receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions. This position will be located in Scottsdale, AZ and reports to the Credit Manager.
• Monitor and analyze accounts receivable balances, customer accounts and their respective activities to ensure customer payment is within terms of sale; to maintain compliance with company standards, to ensure adequate cash flow and to maintain a close watch over slow paying customers.
• Manage the collection process by contacting slow paying customers via phone, email and fax.
• Maintain collection records and history in the database for use in monthly reporting to Credit Manager.
• Serve as a liaison between customers, internal sales and engineering personnel to resolve customer issues with equipment or delivery such as proof of delivery, locating lost shipments, pricing disputes, and referral of engineering issues. Communication with Credit Manager, sales, and engineers to keep them informed of customer problems as they occur. Work with customers and Customer Service to resolve short payment issues.
• Apply cash to the proper customer accounts when it arrives in our bank account. Balance daily postings and cash received.
• Accounts to collect include customers with extensive ship to locations. Use organizational skills to maintain call records on accounts with large quantities of shipments on a monthly basis.
• Communicate potential write-off of bad debts to the Credit Manager and implement decided action. Prepare write-off documentation when required by the Credit Manager.
• Process credit and debit memos as required to clear deductions.
• Match open credits and invoices and process adjustments as required to clear accounts of extraneous items.
• Collect W-9’s and sales & use tax exemption forms as requested.
• Update customer database information as requested by customer.
• Assist with pulling details for external and internal audit when required.
• Occasional travel may be required.
- 2+ years previous AR experience within a high volume environment.
• Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree - preferable in accounting/business administration. Prior Credit/Collection experience.
• Determination to stay focused on the job. Stay on task to work on accounts with multitude of deduction reasons and finish work on the outstanding past dues to facilitate payment and bring the account current.
• Ability to be firm but reasonable when making collection calls and to maintain a professional demeanor while working with external and internal customers.
• Interpersonal skills conducting problem solving phone conversations that maintain/enhance customer relations during difficult circumstances.
• Computer proficiencies (Microsoft Office) including operating in ERP system (Epicor 9).
This is a large residential property management company in the north valley. They manage a group of community associations and need someone familiar with residential property and HOA's. This company offers a stable work environment and room for growth.
Role: AR Specialist
Apply for this job now.