Company: NATIONAL OLDER WORKER CAREER CENTER
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
HS/GED Degree OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in as a range technician position. Ideally this experience would include experience in constructing, maintaining, and inventorying fences, pipelines, and/or reservoirs that service livestock use on public lands. Previously completed training in key species and/or landscape appearance utilization methodologies.
- Current driver's license
- Ability to drive 4x4 vehicles in rough terrain
- Use of garmin, avenza, or other GPS device
- Experience in plant identification and collection of utilization and/or use pattern mapping.
- Knowledge of fence, pipeline and trough construction and maintenance
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel
- ARCVIEW (GIS); Avenza; RAS/RIPS
Provides technical assistance to the range management program, specifically range use supervision, gazing administration, monitoring, and maintenance of range improvement projects to determine if objectives of existing range improvement projects are meeting allotment management plan objectives
- Grazing Permit Compliance/Range Improvement Inspections 70%
- Grazing Administration 20%
- Range Inventory/Monitoring 10%
- Training on monitoring, processes, or using equipment can be provided internally by local staff.
- Overnight travel: 2-3 times per week on a monthly basis.