Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston County was founded in 2001 and is made up of five Clubs - in Tumwater, Lacey, Rochester, Tenino and Olympia. We serve over 3,000 kids annually with an average daily attendance of over 700. Headquartered in Olympia, WA, our administrative office currently has seven staff members and provides a fun and engaging space to work and grow.
The Resource Development Coordinator will work in a key support position to further fundraising efforts for Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston County. The Resource Development Coordinator will report to the Director of Resource Development who reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Responsibilities include the comprehensive management of donor information; pass-through corporate giving (including local, state, and national campaigns); auditing of donor database; gift stewardship and acknowledgements; and coordinating data, reports, and other activities to support fundraising efforts. Additionally, the Resource Development Coordinator will play a key role in both of our major special events as well as the annual donor stewardship Youth of the Year event, coordinating and executing clerical tasks, data entry, procurement, and general support related to these events.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Represent Boys & Girls Clubs of Thurston County in the community by participating in community outreach events.
· Organize and facilitate corporate giving efforts to include local, state and national corporate campaigns and partnerships.
Comprehensive Management of Donor Database
· Maintain the integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality of donor information in the database management system with quality data input.
· Proactively update and maintain accurate donor records.
· Generate donor lists and financial reports.
· Conduct prospect research as requested
Donor Recognition and Stewardship
· Follow a year-round stewardship plan including regular calls and thank you cards to donors.
· Lead year-end donor Thank-a-thon events.
· Update annual donor recognition plaques in Clubs and for major donors.
· Update all organizational thank you letters and other correspondence on an annual basis.
Annual Giving Campaign Support
· Assist with Employee Giving campaigns by working closely with Branch Directors, Communication Team and the Director of Resource Development.
· Facilitate direct mail campaigns.
· Analyze past giving trends and track current Annual Campaign progress.
· Assist in identifying new and lapsed donors.
· Play an important support role for our two major fundraising events to include recruiting table sponsors, captains and event attendees; support event committee with printed materials and reports; coordinate the event marketing plan for event attendees with communications department.
· Attend trainings and conferences as assigned.
· Attend assigned staff, committee, and board meetings.
· Meet expectations and deadline when applicable.
· Other duties as assigned to support fundraising efforts.
· A genuine relationship-builder and team player.
· Extraordinary level of organization and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently in a complex environment while managing conflicting priorities with integrity and confidentiality.
· Knowledge of desktop publishing and common computer applications.
· Adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing daily schedule.
· Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and be attentive to details.
· Access to transportation and the ability to travel locally on a consistent basis.
· College degree or equivalent experience in non-profit sector or fundraising field.
· Two to three years of progressively responsible experience in the non-profit sector, with an understanding of fundraising, development and public relations fields.
· Experience with fundraising database or member management system a plus.
· Employer pays 100% of retirement contribution, equal to 6% of gross annual salary.
· Healthcare benefits provided by employer.
· Cell phone stipend.
· Enrollment requirements and waiting periods apply.
To apply, please reply to this listing with cover letter, resume, salary history, and a minimum of three professional references.
Role: Resource Development Coordinator
Apply for this job now.