About Jumeirah & the Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we'll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah 'Your Place to Shine'.
Steps from Sloane Square and in the heart of the fashion borough, The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, has an ideal location in one of the most sought after areas of London, with iconic luxury brands as its neighbours. Staying true to its heritage and pioneering nature, The Carlton Tower will reveal its new look and elevated guest experiences in spring 2020.
Assistant Director of Sales
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity to be part of an exceptional team at an exceptional time.
If you have passion and ambition that sets you apart from your peers, if you can deliver true craftsmanship and quality with charm and flair then join us in creating the best team in the business.
About the job
The Carlton Tower Jumeirah has an exciting opportunity for a talented Assistant Director of Sales to perform their craft in our luxurious hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Attainment of hotel revenue and market share goals at The Carlton Tower, Jumeirah and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
- Provide support to leading the Sales team setting.
- Personally manage a selection of hotel key accounts and some geographical markets and partnerships.
- Assist with the compilation of annual commercial plan, budget and other strategic planning documents as required.
- Effective use of competitor benchmarking tools to analyse competitor price, competitor past and future performance (market share) and competitive company and agent production to drive sales and business development strategies.
- To have expert knowledge of Salesforce as departmental champion and lead department's consistent use of the system to track sales activity and contact data in line with Jumeirah standards and use reporting tools effectively as required.
- Support an empowered and dynamic sales environment in line with Jumeirah's guiding principles. Display excellent leadership skills in leading, guiding, directing and developing the sales team.
- Ensure that pro-active new business development activity is undertaken
- To participate in sales blitzes, trade shows, workshops and sales trips as required
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have a passion for Sales and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within 5 star luxury hotels
- Have& the ability to manage in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Excellent people management skills as a solution focussed leader
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Be commercially focused
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent level of English
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
About the benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry. This includes…
- Free meals on duty
- Dry cleaning of uniforms / office attire
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Extra day of holiday for significant birthdays
- 50% off all Jumeirah restaurants and bars
- Generous discounted Jumeirah hotel rates
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Recognition and Social calendar
- Dental cover
- Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
See descriptionRole: Assistant Director of Sales - The Carlton Tower Jumeirah Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.