About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our Kerry Team in Pocklington, East Yorkshire.
This is a full time, permanent role on a rotating shift pattern, Monday to Friday, days (06:00 – 14:00) and evening (14:00 – 22:00), changing weekly. Overtime will be paid extra, rate depending on day.
In Kerry site in Pocklington, East Yorkshire, our team of 80 employees produce sweet ingredients including coated inclusions and cereals for market leading brands. The plant is located close to the York Road, 7 minutes from bus stops (on York – Hull route). Onsite parking is available.
The main objective of the Warehouse Operative role is to ensure a smooth running of the warehouse, helping with inbound and outbound deliveries and keeping stock organised. It will require operating a forklift, but if needed, a training will be provided.
What’s in it for you? £10.80 per hour plus £0.54 shift premium. Overtime Mon – Sat x 1.5 / Sun & BH x 2 & a day ff in lieu for working a bank holiday. Opportunity for career development, matched pension scheme (up to 10%) and access to an employee assistance program and employee benefit platform (discounts on retailers online and in store, travel deals and more).About Kerry
Kerry is the world''s leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers'' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.Key responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Operative include:
Ensuring that all driver’s, visitors and contractors that you encounter feel welcomed and leave site with a positive experience of Kerry York (Pocklington).
Qualifications and skills
- Operating of Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Trucks.
- Ensuring that Inbound and Outbound vehicles comply with Food Safety Standards.
- Conducting accurate material movements on the SAP system.
- Completing inbound/outbound paperwork, unit/pallet labels, check sheets etc.
- Loading and unloading palletised material.
- Organising pallets and orders.
- Conducting Inventory Daily/Cycle/Year End counts.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives including ongoing training.
- Supporting business KPI targets.
- Ensuring that Food Safety and Health & Safety standards are maintained.
In Kerry we understand that people have very different career trajectories and experiences. In order to be successful in this role we would be looking for the right competencies and aptitudes as well as your proven track record of success
- Ideally you will have experience working in a Food warehouse environment, but not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- A current Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Licence is preferred however training may be provided for the right candidate. Refresher training will be provided when required.
- You should be punctual, have a keen eye for detail and must have a good understanding of English both verbal and written.
- Ability to work alone and as a team supporting colleagues especially during times of high workload.
- You will ideally have experience of using an ERP system and be computer literate.
- You will be comfortable with completing paperwork.
- Be willing to work additional hours to ensure continuity of warehouse operations
In Kerry we know that sometimes the perfect candidate doesn’t exist and people can be put off applying for a role if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you are excited about working for us and have the majority of the skills or experience then please do apply as you could be exactly what we are looking for.