Must be US Citizen able to obtain Public Trust
Top Three Skills:1) 4-5yrs of Linux or SE Linux experience
2) Must have a background in a Linux JBOSS (middleware) environment
3) Need strong DevOps BASH experience. (Tools needed: MAVEN, ANT, GRABEL)
4) Web services knowledge would be extremely helpful
Job Description: Our government client is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to support our federal project, in Fort Collins, CO.
The Program provides a full spectrum of innovative business and professional services for developing, maintaining and supporting enterprise-class business applications to federal and non-federal agencies.
Provides technical analysis, design, troubleshooting, implementation and testing of CI / CD tools and application environments. Must be able to design and implement solutions with scalability, reliability and security in mind. Works within a matrix-based DevOps team across multiple Scrum teams. Must have the ability to both dive deep into technical issues and have a breadth of experience with DevOps tools and technologies. Collaborates closely with development, QA and security personnel.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who understand and embraces a DevOps philosophy and has successful experience implementing DevOps processes. You will work closely with development, operations and security to provide services and utilize automation tools for our government client, specifically rapid and reliable configuration management, as well as continuous integration build, release and monitoring solutions. You have some autonomy to research, design, implement and launch new tools and services that enable the development team to rapidly deploy new features while maintaining reliability of our operational environment
• Effectively prioritize work and complete tasks on time
• Assist with software and infrastructure management, inventory, installations, configurations and connectivity
• Provide backup support for administering database and web servers
• Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, upgrade and use server VM's and Docker containers
• Analyze requirements and determine best fit architecture
• Design and build solutions that are generic, scalable and reusable
• Collaborate with other engineers to develop deployment and maintenance strategies for existing and new services
• Analyze and troubleshoot problems within DevOps tools
• Work across and service multiple Scrum teams
• DoD experience a plus
• Strong experience with SCM, CI and CD workflows and tools (Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, OpenShift)
• Strong experience automating Agile SDLC workflows, including branching / merging, tags, pull requests, release management, and continuous integration builds with automated tests
• Experience with containerization tools like Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
• Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef
• Strong Linux system administration experience
• Strong networking experience
• Strong relational and NoSQL DB administration and monitoring in a container based environment
• Strong scripting/development skills. Python, shell scripting are preferred
• Experience with Apache, Nginx, HAProxy as reverse proxies
• Familiarity with deploying, configuring and troubleshooting JEE apps
• Basic understanding of API's and web services. REST and JSON experience is preferred
• Experience with monitoring tools such as NewRelic, DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Zabbix or similar
• Experience with logging configuration and analysis. Splunk experience is a plus.
Additional Information: Ability to attain Federal Government Position of Trust
Work Environment: USDA/ Government Campus
Interview Information: 1) Onsite with SME
Impact to the Internal/External Customer:Direct impact to the users.
Ability and accessibility to resources.
Business Challenge: Help with EAS priority projects.
EVP:Obtain or keep a Clearance
Work in a government environment which is stable.
- Direct user impact
- Helps citizens in need of resources
- High priority project by the White House and Congress
Network with professionals at one of the largest employers in Fort Collins.
Non-Technical Skills: Collaborative and communicative. We need someone who is a self starter and not afraid to work alone.
Why is position open?: Growth of projects
Project Stage/Lifecycle Info: All
Technical Environment: Linux, Bash, JAVA
Role: Devops Engineer
Location: Fort Collins,
Apply for this job now.