Overview of Pace Life Sciences
Is and industry leading contract lab supplying analytical chemistry and microbiology services to the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, and Life Sciences industry. Since our formation in 2006 we have grown at a rate of over 15% per year and established ourselves as one of the top ten contract laboratories within the United States providing cGMP services to a wide range of clients worldwide. We attribute our rapid growth to our solid quality system combined with an exceptional culture of client service.
We are actively seeking a candidate to act as a Project Manager within our Oakdale, MN location. The ideal candidate is one who will thrive working in a highly dynamic, team oriented environment; sharing the common goal of providing reliable data to our clients that can be used to improve the safety and effectiveness of pharmaceutical products. Candidates must have the ability to communicate and interact professionally with clients and management, and be able to demonstrate their interest in continuing to acquire new knowledge and skills. Candidates must possess a desire to work closely with clients, the laboratory, and management to facilitate internal and external communication in clearly defining a project's scope, Pace Life Sciences testing capabilities, project milestones, updates, delays, and deliverables. Candidates will have superior organizational skills, the ability to rapidly learn computer applications, and the desire to work in a fast paced environment.
Preferred candidates will have a laboratory background or experience in understanding and resolving technical issues. Responsibilities will include working with operations to understand these issues, providing creative input toward resolution and effectively communicating status and problem-solving approaches with clients to create an aligned path forward.
A Bachelor's degree in a science-related field or equivalent industry experience is required. Prior experience working in a laboratory setting is preferred.
External Client Communication
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients for project updates, issues, deliverables, and scope changes in an effective manner.
- Actively engage and participate in the resolution of issues.
- Host and lead client meetings and teleconference calls.
- Maintain project plans and meeting minutes for projects
Internal Client Communication
- Actively follow up with the laboratory on status of projects
- Work to understand issues and generate ideas for problem resolution
- Work with the laboratory and Account Executive to determine testing capabilities for incoming projects
- Work with Account Executive and Quoting on scope changes
Client Services Support
- Work within the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to make updates to projects, manage costs, and track project status
- Support Sample Management personnel with large scope and complex projects, assist with the processing and reviewing of projects as needed
- Support Stability personnel by authoring stability protocols, reviewing incoming stability studies for compliance and assisting with the initiation and review of studies as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field or equivalent previous industry
- 7+ years experience preferred
- Prior experience working in a cGMP laboratory setting is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with changing priorities
- Ideal candidate is self-guided, motivated, and possesses a strong sense of initiative
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject to chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting.
Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.