Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician - Portage, IN
Compensation: $20-$35/hour (wage is dependent on experience/skills)
Workplace location is Portage, Indiana
Shifts are 12 hour fixed schedules and do require weekend work (off every other weekend)
Hours are 6AM to 6PM and 6PM to 6AM (4% shift differential applied for 6PM shift only)
Minimal overtime is built into the schedule and other overtime opportunities will exist
Overtime is paid at a rate of 1.5 of normal rate and is applied after 40 hours
Benefit package available to fulltime employees (insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, etc.)
Relocation packages considered
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Only responses with an attached resume will be accepted.
The Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician performs work involving the repair and up keep of machines and mechanical equipment. Duties may involve welding; machining; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, compressors, air handlers, high speed packaging systems and repairing the facilities such as walls, floors, stairs, ceilings, plumbing, etc.
• Troubleshoot, repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment including packaging lines, conveyors, processing lines, and support equipment.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
• Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components.
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair equipment, fixtures, plumbing, or electrical conduit/lines.
• Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
• Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
• Prepare records of maintenance activities in log books, on batch log sheets, or on other forms. Records must indicate all repairs made, parts used, analysis performed, and other related information.
• Prepare and maintain records on spare parts to be able maintain levels of spare parts inventories.
• Assist in training personnel as required.
• Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
• This position will require to work on first shift, second shift, weekends and work overtime as needed.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing methods, equipment and cGMP’s.
• Knowledge and experience of safety programs and lockout tag procedures.
• Knowledge of mechanical and physical dynamics as they relate to machine functions.
• Knowledge of all local, state, and federal regulations necessary for the completion of all duties.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in a maintenance mechanic/electrician position.
• Highly motivated person that is able to handle a high volume of work with accuracy in a fast changing environment.
• Ability to be an independent thinker and find solutions to problems and then implement those solutions.
• Must be team oriented and have good people skills.
• Must possess basic computer skills to include MS Word, MS Excel and CMMS.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as dictated by the job requirements.
• Must be able to safely lift heavy objects as necessary or on a repeated basis.
• Ability to read and understand and utilize electrical, mechanical pneumatic, and hydraulic prints for troubleshooting and other purposes is desired
• PLC and other control experience is desired
• Ability to efficiently use a multimeter is desired
• A pre-employment skills assessment test will be given to all candidates selected for interview prior to the interview
Employees are required to supply personal tools to the worksite (including multimeter) (list provided at time of interview). MMS will ensure secure storage space is available for storage of all personal property.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. Duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This position will report to the Site Manager. This is a non-exempt, full time position. MMS is an equal opportunity employer.
Manufacturing Maintenance Solutions, Inc. (MMS), is a manufacturing maintenance and engineering company committed to 100% customer and employee satisfaction. The members of the MMS team are highly engaged, skilled and customer focused. MMS offers its customers the highest quality work available and are devoted to providing customer satisfaction that is unmatched in our industry. We understand that personal development is important to our team members and our customers. We have made the commitment to ensure that the tools to continuously sharpen our skills, are available (through our Skills Training Department).
Role: Maintenance Mechanic / Electrician - Portage, IN
Location: South Bend,
Apply for this job now.