The Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst performs technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across customer enterprise networks. This individual then performs research to troubleshoot and resolve the issue or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems administrators and network engineers. The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies, and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer technologies and their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a 24 x 7 environment with critical up-time requirements. The NOC analyst may also perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems and applications, and executing various scripts. The pay range for this position is $25-$30 an hour.
This is for a full time graveyard position. Hours are Monday-Friday from 10pm-7am plus occasional holidays and vacation coverage for existing staff.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols including SNMP, NetFlow, WMI, syslog, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems and Cisco network devices
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations
- An Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent corporate/military training
- Basic Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA, MCITP, etc.)
- Experience monitoring VMWare clusters in high-availability environments
- Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools
- Experience providing remote support using virtual desktop tools
Total Network Solutions has been providing efficient and responsive IT solutions to businesses for over 15 years. We provide industry-leading IT support and strategic services to make technology work harder for our clients. By delivering concierge level technology services, TNS provides a level of attention and detail that is unheard of in our industry. Our portfolio includes managed IT services, infrastructure services, managed cloud services, strategic CIO consulting, application development and staff augmentation. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
Role: FULL TIME GRAVEYARD NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER (NOC) ANALYST
Location: Long Beach,
Apply for this job now.