IMI Precision Engineering is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 75 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico and Brazil. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing.
The HS&E Specialist will provide professional guidance, support and coaching to operations, manufacturing, and management on health, safety and environmental activities.
- Understand our commitment to the IMI Way as it pertains to Health and Safety and take that into consideration in everything that you do.
- Identify, develop and submit all required reports to local, state and federal government environmental agencies.
- Develop protocols and supporting policies and procedures for all health, safety and environmental programs and systems.
- Assess the impact of health safety and environmental laws and regulations as they affect the company and its operations; as well as, track new regulations as they develop. Formulate and implement policies, procedures and programs for compliance.
- Establish best practices and cultivate a culture where Norgren personnel recognize, report and take appropriate actions for violations of company guidelines and work practices.
- Lead role in responding to workplace incidents and accidents. Must develop detailed reporting systems, courses of action in response to incidents and accidents, and notification to local, state and federal agencies.
- Identify need for management and employee training around safety, emergency response, health, and environmental issues. Develops training requirements and responsible for delivery of training and measurement of effectiveness.
- Take a key leadership role in Safety Committee activities and meetings. Ensure cross-functional representation and timely follow-up to actions from audits.
- Leads company’s efforts to improve Environmental Management System, maintaining ISO certification.
- Performs State required reviews and updates of chemical inventories by department and manufacturing line and maintains the company’s SDS library.
- Monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards.
Associate Degree or higher in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene, industrial risk management, safety management or manufacturing engineering is preferred.
- 4 plus years of manufacturing experience or related experience in health, safety & environmental management. (Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred).
- Sound knowledge of OSHA regulations and requirements; environmental policies and significant environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
- 2+ years of experience in developing good working relationships with state and local authorities (state/local environmental. and safety agencies, wastewater authorities, fire departments, etc.) as well as appropriate internal Health, Safety and Environmental contacts.
- 2+ years of experience in effectively training and communicating with employees at all levels and influencing desired change.
IMI Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled.
Role: HSE Specialist
Apply for this job now.