The Absence Management Specialist acts as a liaison between client, employee and healthcare provider. In this position, you will be responsible for determining eligibility for disability and leave benefits based on Matrix Best Practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and manage Leave and Disability issues. Determine eligibility for benefits based on legal regulations and client policies while meeting timelines.
- Coordinate with clients to facilitate timely return to work.
- Document activities and updates in the electronic claims management systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service and actively contribute to performance objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining and protecting personal health information. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Effective prioritization and organization skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines while balancing competing demands.
- Basic math and calculation skills.
- Leave, Disability or Human Resources experience is a plus
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with standard office computer systems - Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook, etc
Matrix Absence Management is an equal opportunity employer applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable, federal state or local laws.
Essential Physical/Cognitive Job Functions
- Prompt and regular attendance at assigned job locations
- Ability to work shifts exceeding 8 hours, 5 days per week
- Ability to interact with employees of all levels and clients in an appropriate manner
- Ability to concentrate and think strategically
- Availability onsite to confer with staff members with whom the incumbent must interact on a daily basis
- Ability to proficiently use a personal computer for tasks such as email and preparing reports using software
- Ability to review and analyze data and information.
- Ability to complete, or oversee the completion of, assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner
Matrix Absence Management is one of the top Third Party Administrators (TPA) supporting clients in absence management (FMLA/Disability/Workers' Compensation). We partner with our clients Human Resources department to manage Workers' Compensation, Disability and/or Leave of absences until the claim is resolved or the employee returns to work. Our highly customer centric approach is to try and duplicate the culture of our clients to make the experience seamless for employees. Our mobile app technology provides ease of use to our client and employee in reporting claim information.
Matrix Absence Management offers a full benefit package- Medical, Dental & Vision, including 401K match. Matrix is a friendly and pleasant office environment; offering flexible schedules M-F.
Role: Absence Management Specialist
Location: Santa Clara,
Apply for this job now.