Contract to Hire in North Phoenix for Sr. Engineer focused on the development, design, and testing of a Java application. Experience with Big Data, Apache Spark, and Python is a plus.
- Perform Technical aspects of Software Development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments.
- Function as a leader on an Agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Lead code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug Software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environment.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases; Big Data experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is a global staffing and IT consulting services company with core capabilities in:
• Staff Augmentation Services
• Application Development Services
• Business Intelligence Services
• Cloud Enablement Services
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Infrastructure Support Services
• Testing Services
Our vision is to be a global business partner, delivering highest quality and most consistent services at the best value to clients worldwide.
Incorporated in 1994 as a certified Minority Business Enterprise, DISYS is one of the largest IT staffing firms in the US according to a report by Staffing Industry Analysts. DISYS is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with offices and delivery locations worldwide in North and South America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
Role: Senor Java Engineer
Apply for this job now.