Company: BARRINGTON JAMES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are currently partnered with an exciting scientific association with members in over 160 countries. It is the largest association of professionals within infectious disease, stewarding the world’s most prestigious conferences and leading the collective action on the HIV response across the globe.
The company’s focus is the reduction of the global impact of HIV and AIDS. Through global promotions and initiatives, they advocate the need to urgent action including increased investment in research, optimizing treatment and expanding access to prevention, they are one of the world leaders in the fight against HIV.
If you are an experienced individual, with a background in scientific affairs or large-scale project management, please read further….
- Lead the operational management focusing on developing annual work plan, KPIs and budget for activities for a global function.
- Review and implement project plans against grant allocations and budget reviews.
- Organize, track and implement distinct projects within the organization.
- Organize and implement meetings with a variety of senior stakeholders and KOL’s within the public and private sectors.
- Mentor and manage the internal team, offering professional development and performance evaluation.
- Write proposal briefs, policy briefs and other documents for internal and external publications.
- Coordinate activities and act a key liaison for joint activities across internal and external departments on a global level.
- Work closely with the executive leadership team to develop partnerships and enterprise advocacy activities.
- A PhD or advanced degree in a relevant scientific area and/or an advanced degree in public health, social science with proven experience in HIV prevention and research
- >5 years in a managerial role in a relevant area of public health
- Experience managing national and international projects
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and thought leaders at varying orders of seniority
- Experience in international conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings and their advisory and governing mechanisms
- Fluency in English
- Strong understanding of HIV prevention and development of HIV vaccines
- Ability to travel for work
- Opportunity to make a true impact on global public health
- Comprehensive salary
- Market leading pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 30+ days holiday
Get in touch!
Following your application Vincenzo Dessena, a specialist Recruiter will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. He will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the industry and the potential for your career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities, which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Vincenzo Dessena for any further information.
Scientific Consultant - EMEA
Email: vdessena (at) barringtonjames.com