Accounts Receivable Manager- Nottingham
City and County Healthcare Group the largest provider of community-based social care services in the UK. Every day, tens of thousands of people with care needs are supported to continue living independently at home by our operating companies.
We are now looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Manager to join our Finance Shared Service centre in Nottingham to manage the day-to-day delivery of the company's invoicing and cash collection processes ensuring accurate and timely billing for allocated companies, contracts and client groups.
The Successful candidate will report to the Group Credit Manager and will support the planning and management of resources and billing processes to deliver a seamless accounts service for the City and County Healthcare group.
Direct reports: Accounts Receivable Administrators
Based: Cardinal House, Abbeyfield Court, Abbeyfield Road, Nottingham, NG7 2SZ
There will be a requirement for occasional travel to other business and customer (Local Authorities) sites.
- Managing and coaching a team of administrators, including recruitment, 1-2-1's, managing absence, performance and training new starters
- Supervising the daily accounts receivable operations
- Overseeing the timely and accurate generation of sales invoices
- Managing the credit control for a specific group of companies or contracts' invoicing, including the review of delinquent overdue accounts
- Monitoring and reporting debtor days by Operating Company and/or contract and providing regular Aged Debt Reports
- Issuing corrective credit notes with the appropriate levels of approval
- Overseeing the accurate and timely creation of new customer accounts, contact details, payment and credit terms etc.
- Ensuring that cash allocations to debtor accounts are processed within the agreed service levels
- Providing a daily update on cash receipt forecasting for incorporation in the daily 13 week rolling cash-flow model
- Working to monthly deadlines to ensure timely Accounts Receivable close in the course of the month-end process
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining all relevant Finance policies for the Accounts Receivable Department
- Liaising with the Operations teams to resolve queries on customer accounts and escalate issues where necessary
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork is retained to meet VAT rules and regulations
- Proactively developing and implementing new processes to improve cash collection and streamline the credit control processes
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strong working knowledge of Accounts Receivable
- Experience of managing a team, coaching where necessary to ensure delivery to deadlines or achievement of key performance indicators
- Confident, resilient with experience of working in a fast paced, high volume transaction environment
- Experience of dealing with large and complex billing facilities
- The ability to prioritise effectively, solve problems and remain calm and professional under pressure
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and strong Excel skills, in particular VLOOKUP)
- Able to confidently communicate effectively at all levels of the business and build s