JOB LOCATION: JERSEY CITY, NJ
If you enjoy sampling foods, you'll be doing that here!!!
We are a 63-year-young, family-owned food distributor in Hudson County seeking a candidate who possesses exceptional leadership, teamwork and communication skills, with preferably a background in foods. The candidate will primarily oversee customer order taking, data entry and all other aspects of the customer service process. Will interact with other departments including: sales, purchasing, IT, warehouse and accounting, and report to company owners. Background in CS office management strongly preferred.
Being a true foodie would also be highly beneficial!
Specifically the Customer Service Manager will be responsible for:
· Managing all aspects of customer service including phone, data entry and email.
· Handling occasional escalated customer service issues in a professional and diplomatic manner.
· Ensuring customer satisfaction is developed and maintained.
· Assisting customer service reps, outside sales reps and their customers with daily phone orders, menu planning and substitutions.
· Implementing incentive programs for CS personnel to drive sales.
· Creating job descriptions and departmental SOPs.
· Contributing to the continuous improvements and development of company website.
· Interviewing, training and performance reviews of all CS personnel.
Qualities and Qualifications:
· A talented professional with 2 - 5+ years of management experience preferably in an office setting with a customer service/food-related supervisory background.
· A self-starter with a strong sense of taking the initiative.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with other department members.
· Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple issues and handle the unexpected.
· Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional listening, oral and written skills.
· Strong commitment to quality.
· Excellent computer knowledge and math skills.
· Taste-testing required, so must be open-minded to all types of food!
*Bachelor's Degree preferred.
We offer an excellent salary commensurate with experience plus a benefits package including:
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Vacation, sick and holiday pay
· Product purchase discounts
*Must pass all background checks.
Free parking in private lot. Easy access to public transportation!
Role: Customer Service Manager / Foods
Apply for this job now.