We are looking for high-calibre scientists and engineers to train as professional in-house translators, working for our IP Services division in a team of approximately 70 translators.
Based at our modern head offices in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, this unique opportunity will see you working with a global client base, including 90 of the world’s top 100 brands, the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 18 of the top 20 patent filers worldwide, where you will see exciting developments and innovations within the scientific fields.Scientific and Engineering Translators Requirements:
We are looking for the following language and degree combinations:
- Native level English, excellent knowledge of German plus at least a degree level qualification in any of the following: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automotive engineering
- Native level German, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in biochemistry or chemistry
- Native level German, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in any of the following: electronics engineering, physics
- Native level Dutch, excellent knowledge of English plus at least a degree level qualification in any of the following: telecommunications, IT
- Knowledge of additional languages is advantageous.
At RWS, you will have the opportunity to develop your career within the language industry in a fast-paced environment, surrounded by a friendly and eclectic community. Previous translation experience is not required! During your training, you will benefit from close collaboration with senior translators and learn about IP processes and TRADOS. The role will enable you to develop your skills and use your expertise and specialist knowledge to build a career in translation.Location:
Chalfont St Peter, BuckinghamshireContract type
: Full TimeSalary
: 30,000 – 35,000 per annumBenefits
: 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 4% contributory pension scheme, life assurance, annual season ticket loan scheme, private medical insurance, a Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station.
You may also have experience in the following: Translation, Multilingual, Bilingual, German translator, Dutch translator, Mechanical Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Electronics, Physics, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, IT, biochemistry, chemistry, interpreter, linguist, IP services, science, Engineering
Ref: 105 684