VAM USA currently has an opening for an Industrialization Engineer at their Houston, Texas location. VAM USA is a subsidiary of Vallourec, which is the world leader for premium connection solutions for the oil and gas industry with three leading edge Research & Development centers and a network of over 160 licensees worldwide. The Industrialization Engineer is responsible to industrialize new products at VAM USA, which will require the coordination of the R&D design team, methods engineering, manufacturing and quality department in order that all production targets are met when manufacturing new products.
- Coordinate all efforts throughout the company to industrialize a new product.
- Communicate with the R&D Departments concerning new upcoming products.
- Conduct and evaluate Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) studies and/or perform Milestones reviews.
- Study, coordinate and implement changes to the manufacturing process and the supporting documents in order to meet the requirements of new products.
- Lead industrialization trials and coordinate first orders of new products.
- Document, capitalize and share the results of industrialization trials and first orders (industrialization reports).
- Write engineering specifications as required.
- Participate in and/or conduct cost saving projects.
- Follow all incoming orders or inquiries to identify orders he is responsible for. For each of those orders, decide if a milestone process is required, and then conduct them.
- Maintain the lessons learned for the connections he/she is responsible for.
- Estimate the production costs based on standard manufacturing processes.
- Support the Operations participating to trouble shooting, root cause analysis and Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Must follow all company policies, practices and regulations to include Safety and Quality
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline or a high level of experience in Engineering and Manufacturing Technology.
- Preferred 2 years of experience in Premium connections (Threading process or R&D).
- Demonstrated experience working in continuous improvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to read, write and speak well in English and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and execute instructions through strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel and be mobile in a day-to-day basis in Houston area; Ability to travel abroad for working or benchmarking with other Vallourec and/or NSSMC subsidiaries.
- Must be able to pass applicable testing as required.
Role: R&D Industrial Engineer
Apply for this job now.