Engineering Shift Team Leader
£45k plus package and pension
A recognised market leader; our client is a major food and drink l manufacturer, producing a distinctive range of instantly recognisable products. They work through innovation and investment, both in their production facilities and people. Their manufacturing facilities have undergone significant change and expansion, resulting in a new vacancy for a frontline engineering maintenance leader, working rotating shifts.
This role will suit an established senior maintenance engineer ready for a step up to leadership, with experience of managing change and shutdown / contractors or PPM projects, as well as an aspiring Maintenance Team Leader / shift manager ready for a new challenge. It's an established team with long serving Engineering Manager.
This role will lead all frontline engineering maintenance activities in your area, on shift, including Manufacturing and and packaging, accountable for ensuring the efficient production of a variety of branded food consumable products
- A challenging and stimulating frontline leadership role, you will be responsible for all maintenance engineering activities in your area of the plant on shift on a FMCG manufacturing production site
- You will support a robust and responsive maintenance strategy, and develop contingencies
- You will manage a small team of frontline craft engineers, multi-skilled, as well as contractors on Planned maintenance and shut down activities
- You will create, implement and manage both maintenance and PPM plans for your area of the factory, utilising various operational methodologies such as supplier optimisation, minimal inventories, and asset management techniques.
- Monitor operational efficiency of all plant and equipment, identifying areas of under-performance or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement
- Monitor plant reliability and capability to identify areas of issue or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement
- Demonstrating experience within an FMCG / Food and Drink / Pharmaceutical / Process engineering environment in an engineering maintenance leadership role
- You will have finely developed interpersonal and communication skills and the natural ability to inspire and lead large teams
- A proven track record of meeting agreed performance targets and reporting skills are also crucial to the success of this role
- You will also have the ability to identify improvement opportunities and monitor individual and team performance