Eagle, Vyve and Northland are leading broadband Internet providers serving largely non-urban communities in 16 states. A technology leader in the cable and broadband sectors, Vyve Broadband offers an extensive range of broadband, fiber connectivity, cable television and voice services for commercial and residential customers. Residential services include high-speed Internet with speeds up to Vyve Gig, all-digital, high-definition video and fully featured digital voice. Vyve Business Services provides optical Ethernet, PRI and hosted voice services to the business community. Together, Eagle, Vyve and Northland serve areas of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
The Technical Operations Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of Vyve Broadband's systems within a defined geographic area. They are accountable for operational objectives and results and personnel and functional management within their area. They also lead and provide support and development to technical management and personnel supporting the technical field operations and the maintenance and repair of the broadband transport and distribution network. They are responsible for all installation, customer service and HFC Plant maintenance and repair activities which contribute to customer satisfaction and company excellence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general management oversight of systems including staffing, employee relations, performance standards, personnel evaluations, compensation recommendations, training, succession planning and the encouragement and maintenance of a discrimination-free and healthy work environment
- Leads, participates and provides direction and/or preparation of the annual operating plan and capital and expense budgets
- Drives financial and PSU growth in their system to meet or exceed company objectives
- Acts as a primary point of contact for local franchising authorities, proactively maintains relationships and favorable standing with government agencies and representatives
- Establishes and maintains favorable and visible presence in the communities where we serve, participates in community and civic events.
- Maintains favorable working relations with utilities and insures accurate pole counts and compliance with NESC and pole agreement specifications.
- Manages installation, customer service and HFC plant maintenance
- Directs the activities' of the systems work force, identifies problems and implements corrective solutions
- Assures a safe working environment, works to minimize loss and property damage claims
- Supports and drives the development of the technical operations sales culture to ensure efficient and cost-effective system
- Assists technical supervisors with interview process, coaching, training and monitors and evaluates broadband technicians fostering a team environment
- Spends time in the field with supervisor observing, supporting and developing technicians
- Routinely rides with technicians to monitor and assess technical and customer service performance and quality
- Enforce compliance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations
- Assures the quality of installations, maintenance and repairs meets company standards and customer expectations
- Assures network outages are addressed and resolved with timeliness and repairs meet company and regulatory standards
- Assures the completion of scheduled work by overseeing daily activities
- Ensures that technicians are expected to complete their tasks within the scope of their responsibility and be held accountable for the same
- Provides direction and participates in the repair of escalated technical issues.
- Helps resolve complex customer issues
- Assists Supervisor to manage tech performance metrics, evaluates performance gaps and develops techs knowledge, skills and abilities to meet company and customer expectations
- Monitors system key performance indicators, and manages operations to meet or exceed system goals
- Must be able to conduct monthly individual meetings with technicians to reinforce the work that is performed is completed correctly and to specification
- Serves as role model for subordinates in all areas of the business
- Must be a team builder and have the ability to promote teamwork among staff
- Ensure favorable relationships with all communities and residents of the areas served
- Promotes safety awareness among employees and assures compliance with safety regulations and reporting. Ensures that technical staff have proper safety equipment and follow safety policies. Ensures that disciplinary action regarding violations of safety policy are enforced
- Prepares and monitors expense and capital budgets to assure cost effective expenditures in the department
- Manages contractor utilization within budgetary guidelines
- Depending upon the system, may manage the headend to ensure functionality and compliance with company standards
- Manage local facilities including building and grounds maintenance
- May manage construction activities according to company guidelines
- Manages fleet according to company policies and procedures
- Manages inventory control and maintenance by performing vehicle, tools and materials inspections for broadband technicians
- Administers fairly all company policies, procedures and processes
- Travels to all cable systems under his/her management as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Five years operations experience, specifically in telecommunications industry, including some administrative and/or supervisory responsibilities and exposure to marketing, engineering and accounting
- Ability to organize, plan, motivate and control systems overall performance
- Management-orientated with the ability to perform professionally at this level
- Ability to drive results and ensure work is accomplished properly, safely and in a timely manner
- Requires strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude with up to date knowledge of technical developments in the industry
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of PC applications including Word, Excel and associated software
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules in all types of inclement weather
- High School Diploma required
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to work in all types of inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must be able to climb poles and ladders
- Must be able to lift and carry a ladder (75 lbs.) over uneven terrain
WE PROUDLY OFFER:
- a friendly and fun work environment
- communication and training
- great benefits package
- courtesy cable (in our markets)
- a culture that encourages growth
Vyve Broadband is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, veteran status, reserve or National Guard status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR