Champion the entire payroll process and become the SME. Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for over 500 employees. Issuing and distributing paychecks, managing direct deposits, benefits withholding, payroll deductions, garnishments and levies, flexible spending accounts, federal and state payroll tax deposits and returns, new hire reports, federal payroll summaries, W-2s, wage and hour law compliance.
- Manage and process payroll for multi-state organization.
- Maintain payroll tax files and payments; partner with Paychex for timely filing and payment of payroll taxes
- Process any and all employment verifications via WageVerify or manually
- Review exempt and non-exempt laws and testing for organizational compliance
- Conduct quarterly and annual payroll audits
- Coach managers on timely PTO approvals and submissions
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets
- Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, finance, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labor" home" work, overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee in the system, validate employee's charges, and adherence to FLSA
- Monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to APA policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Manage any and all payroll, DOL postings for compliance
- Input all transfers, status changes, promotions, demotions, etc
- Enter payroll journal entries and accruals
- Reconcile Payroll tax liability account and provide A/P with the payments to be process for liabilities
- Prepare and book all payroll allocations
- Prepare, report, and reconcile company 941 and any other pertinent payroll tax reporting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong process improvement
- Knowledge of related federal / state / local laws and regulations
- Payroll Tax processing
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience with Paychex systems
GetixHealth is an equal employment opportunity employer.
GetixHealth is a healthcare revenue cycle management company. Our focus is providing our clients with "best in class" service, and providing our employees with opportunities for professional success and growth in a "best place to work" environment.
Role: Payroll Manager
Apply for this job now.