We Are Hiring
Surgical First Assist - Operating Room - Full-Time Nights
Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital
Previous FA experience strongly preferred. Ortho experience highly desired.
**May Ocassionally Be Asked to Scrub a Case**
St. Thomas Rutherford is current expanding all Surgical Services, tons of opportunity for growth! 12 room OR with plans to add 4 more rooms summer 2020. St. Thomas Rutherford's OR is a Joint Center of Excellence - amazing career opportunity!
- Certified First Surgical Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Associates who hired/transferred before 04/30/2018 are not required to hold certification. The following Issuing Authorities are acceptable: NBSTSA, ABSA, and NCCS.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma: High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
We are a Regional Hospital with a community hospital feel - work side by side with surgeons, teammates, and leaders and take your career to the next level. Join a great team and see Saint Thomas Rutherford continue to grow quicker than any other Ascension hospital in the country. We are located in Murfreesboro, TN which is the 5th fastest growing community in the nation!
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
St. Thomas offers amazing benefits and PTO plans for full-time associates, join our team today!
What You Will Do:
- Participate as a surgical team member in the preparation of the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
- Position patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provide visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilize appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assist with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion of the surgical case.
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)