We are looking for a software engineer to join the team, and help build the technology to tie thousands of reservation calendars together in one spot. It's one of those technical problems is simple at first, but starts to look NP-complete, the more you stare at it.
You would be joining a small team of capable engineers to build the back-end systems that power the Emparty Marketplace, such as calendar inventory management, search & discovery, money movement, and the client-facing API.
• Work with the engineering team to design back-end architecture
• Implement back-end systems for Emparty's marketplace
• Develop black-box and white-box tests for both your own and others' code
• Work cross-functionally with front-end developers to implement API endpoints
• Proactively identify and automate time-intensive business and engineering processes
• Help to cultivate Emparty's engineering culture: we are still a young company
• 2-5 years as an individual contributor in an engineering role
• Proficiency in Python
• Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
• Significant experience with Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with software planning systems like Jira
• Experience with git
• Experience with GraphQL is a PLUS
• Experience with RFCs 2445 and 5545 (iCalendar) a plus
Emparty is a fast-growing, early-stage startup in Palo Alto, CA, that is making the process of planning parties and events (small corporate events, birthdays, graduations, showers, holiday parties, etc.) easier, faster, and a lot more fun. It's basically a marketplace for venues and vendors, with some twists.
The company was founded in February 2018 by former leaders from Avis, eBay, and Oak Labs. We just closed our first round of funding from two top-tier investors, and we already have a long and growing list of customers lined up to use the service. (For real. We're not kidding. The pressure is on.)
Role: Backend Engineer
Location: Palo Alto,
Apply for this job now.