As a Proposal Manager, you will augment our existing team by taking ownership of the proposal process, managing and successfully driving it to meet critical deadlines while contributing to the technical, past performance, and program management sections of proposals - creating winning and compliant proposal responses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage small, medium and large-scale, complex proposals for government and commercial customers across defense and civilian agencies.
- Responsibility for the timely execution and facilitation of content and process management for proposals in response to RFPs/solicitations as a prime or subcontractor.
- Analyze solicitations (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, OTA's etc.) and/or customer requirements to layout proposal strategy.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Lead proposal processes and create proposal plans, annotated outlines, compliance matrices, proposal schedules, win themes and provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams.
- Plan and lead effective, strategic, and results-driven kick off meetings, price strategy meetings and facilitate color review meetings. Document and clearly communicate notes, action items, due dates and expectations.
- Lead regular proposal status meetings and manage the team to the proposal schedule.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval and coordinating requirements with contributors to include internal team members and teaming partners.
- Prepare written responses to solicitations using information, facts, research and supporting documentation gathered from the content library and various departmental resources and subject matter experts.
- Manage proposal versioning and quality control to ensure that all proposals meet high standards for submittal, in coordination with Contracts and Program Management departments.
- Perform in-depth editing of draft responses for clarity, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling.
- Ensure compliance with the Force 3, ISO-certified proposal development process.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of reusable knowledge and content database.
- Continuously develop knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Federal IT industry and Force 3's core capabilities to include security, wireless, next-generation networking, data center, collaboration, and software.
- Build strong partnerships and successful cross-department relationships with Capture, Contracts, Sales, Accounting, and the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years additional related experience.
- At least 3-5 years' relevant professional experience in proposal writing and management roles for large and small federal and commercial proposals addressing IT products and services.
Powered by JazzHR