COMPANY: BEDFORD COLLEGE GROUP
JOB TYPE: Part Time, Permanent
SALARY: £25500 - £35000 Per Year per annum, pro rata, dependent on qualifications and experience
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Lecturer in Science to become a key member of our Access to Higher Education department.
As a Lecturer in Science, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and providing a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Keeping CPD in industry knowledge up to date.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area and experience of preparing Schemes of Work that fully meet awarding body requirements, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Biology/Chemistry or closely related subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type –Bedford College
18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
45 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
Role: Lecturer in Science (Biology/Chemistry) (Access to HE)
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.