Middleware Specialist (API-C/DataPower)
London - Hybrid
Join us as a DataPower & API-C and embark on an exciting journey of ensuring reliability, resiliency, and innovation in our information systems and ecosystems. In this exciting role, you'll be at the forefront of driving continuous improvement and delivering exceptional service to our customers.
Your role goes beyond traditional engineering, as you'll have the opportunity to analyze business needs, tackle complex problems, and provide strategic advice and designs. You'll be involved in every stage of the software life cycle, from building and testing to deploying changes and maintaining robust systems.
We're looking for a true visionary who can think strategically and help shape the future of our services. Your expertise in building trusted relationships with customers and partnering with them for success will be instrumental in driving our growth.
In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on end-to-end services, spanning customer sites and platforms. Collaboration and proactivity are key as you work alongside a talented team of professionals, eager to make a difference. You'll embrace an entrepreneurial mindset, taking ownership of your responsibilities and constantly seeking innovative solutions.
With an unwavering focus on quality, robustness, and security, you'll be a driving force in implementing cutting-edge tools that enhance our operations, improve reliability, and gather valuable feedback on our platforms. Your ability to identify and mitigate common operational issues will play a crucial role in delivering seamless experiences to our customers.
If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology, thrive in a collaborative environment, and are motivated by the opportunity to shape the future of reliability engineering, then we want to hear from you. Join our team and be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organization that values innovation and excellence in everything we do.
Essential skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in using and designing DataPower & API-C systems. This includes operational management, incident management and escalations
- Experience with design and implementation of monitoring to ensure reliability and performance meet or exceed business goals
- Experience implementing strategies to cap operations load and to handle overflow using appropriate tooling and metrics; defining service level indicators and objectives in collaboration with stakeholders, business, development, DevSecOps and Operations teams
- Solution and design experience in an enterprise environment: DataPower v7.6, 2018.4, V10.5 & API-C v5.5, v10.0.1 & v10.0.5
- Experience working with Data format and Scripting languages JSON, YAML, Bash and/or PowerShell
Desirable skills and experience:
- Expertise with Ansible, Terraform, and Python
- Experience with distributed technologies as well as dynamic resource management frameworks such as Kubernetes
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills required, please do not hesitate to apply now!