BLOX is creating the tools to convert a resistant Architecture Engineering and Construction Industry into a smart and efficient machine. For those motivated to play a part in that change, this is an exciting time at BLOX. In short, BLOX takes the most complicated parts of a hospital - headwalls, surgery ceilings, MEP racks, Central Energy Plants, exam rooms, bathrooms, etc. - designs them so that they can be removed from conventional construction, manufactures them as modules, transports and inserts them into the construction process to yield higher quality buildings that open significantly faster than those conventionally constructed. BLOX is both service and product that includes architecture, engineering, manufacturing, logistics and construction.
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
- Assemble or install metal framing or decorative trim for windows, doorways, or vents.
- Coordinate work with drywall finishers who cover the seams between drywall panels.
- Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knives.
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
2 years of experience in drywall hanging or drywall finisher
Experience in commercial drywall hanging preferred
Blue print experience preferred
BLOX offers the full spectrum of comprehensive benefits including: health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts, paid time off, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and a 401k plan.
It is the policy of BLOX, LLC to use ability and willingness to contribute to our team effort as the criteria for making employment related decisions, regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected status. In addition, we strictly prohibit the harassment of any employee because of his/her race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, or other protected status.
BLOX exists to make better buildings faster. We are part of a larger framework - Design Manufacture Construct - that guides building design so that construction can leverage manufacturing productivity. We’re made up of smart architects, engineers, manufacturers, programmers and other generalist, united by the notion that to make great things intelligently is a worthy pursuit.
Role: Drywall Hanger
Apply for this job now.