Wave Broadband has an immediate opening for an experienced Broadband Technician to do service calls and repairs, install, disconnect and complete service changes on our cable TV, Internet and phone services at customer residences.
- Install video, internet, and telephone in customers premise.
- Perform repair and maintenance on multiple services including video, data and voice
- Ensure and record correct RF levels and signal quality within required specifications on active outlets.
- Educate customer on proper use of services and equipment, including channel lineups, and how to access online help.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Thoroughly understand and follow company policy.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience required.
- Broadband cable experience is a plus.
- Experience setting up a wireless network.
- Basic Networking skills and knowledge.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of internet speeds.
- Additional technical experience, i.e. setting up entertainment centers such as TV's, DVD players and gaming devices is a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills, etc.
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Work and travel in inclement weather
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
Some of the perks you will experience as a Full Time Employee at Wave will include…
- A competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Home Start Program - Use of company vehicle to commute to and from work if you live within 30 miles of the office.
- Career advancement
- Medical, dental, vision and other benefits
- 401(K) contributions matched by Wave
- Complimentary Internet, Video, and Telephone service if at an address serviceable by Wave
- Profit Sharing Bonus Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holidays, and more!
- The opportunity to work for the fastest internet provider in the region
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
WaveDivision Holdings (WDH) recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce, and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. WDH requires a drug test, background check, employment, and education verification as conditions of employment. WDH is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Wave is a leading provider of video, internet and phone services on the West Coast, serving customers in communities in Washington, Oregon, and California.Wave, founded in 2003, is part of WaveDivision Holdings, LLC, which currently serves over 455,000 residential and business customers in Washington, Oregon, Sacramento, and the San Francisco Bay Area. WaveDivision Holdings is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington.Owned and operated by local industry leaders, WaveDivision Holdings supports its customers with decades of cable know-how. Its mission is to provide 100% of its cable systems with the latest technologies and upgrades including high-speed internet, digital cable, home phone service, international programming, DVR, HDTV, and TV On Demand services.
Role: Broadband Technician Opportunity with Wave Broadband
Apply for this job now.