The Assistant Warehouse Manager is in charge of overseeing the daily operations of our multiple warehouse facilities. This includes all management and logistics activities relating to storage and transport of goods as well as safety and employee training. The job of the Assistant Warehouse Manager involves extensive planning and scheduling as new shipments arrive to the warehouse and others leave. Joint responsibilities include keeping track of all the warehouse activities through record keeping and appropriate documentation. The job also includes making sure that industry safety standards are met and maintaining the physical aspects of the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as the secondary support for the Warehouse Manager.
- Serve as the secondary support for the Warehouse Manager.
- Serves as the secondary manager for all warehouse department supervisors and managers.
- Serves as general support for all sales inquiries, comments and questions.
- Assist in the creation and enforcement of all warehouse related standard operating procedures and process maps.
- Responsible for establishing staffing schedules for full time, part time and temporary employees.
- Assist with weekly departmental labor forecasts.
- Responsible for controlling labor costs as related to department.
- Participates in active management driving warehouse departments to complete daily tasks, objectives, and projects within budget and in a timely manner.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled.
- Collects and reviews mandatory departmental reports.
- Provides departmental coverage, leadership, and professionalism at all times.
- Coordinates inter-company transfer of product among warehouses.
- Oversees fleet management, maintenance and cost control of company vehicles.
- Prepares warehouse for physical inventory.
- Oversees proper warehouse maintenance, housekeeping and safekeeping.
- Responsible to maintain warehouse in full compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory safety, labor, workers compensation and health requirements.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and controlling all warehouse consumable inventories.
- Strong knowledge of company employee hand book.
- Responsible for selection, training development, motivation, review and control of warehouse employees to assure continuity of efficient operations.
- Requires a flexible work schedule.
- Performs other projects, administrative and operations duties as required.
- Able to read KPI analysis data and Matrix data
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the crucial functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
- The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
- The temperature will vary from hot to cold depending on the weather.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Assistant Warehouse Management experience
- Experience in special event, party rental or moving/transfer industry experience
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel
Blueprint Studios is a nationally renowned special event design, production and rentals firm, long known for our expertise in establishing industry trends, coupled with a keen client focus and responsiveness. We specialize in delivering products and services to a continuously growing base of clients that range from some of the most prominent corporations to a luxury social customer base.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Our team is made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We are looking for people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details.
Role: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Location: South San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.