Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
This is a second shift position
Who we are
At SMS group, our people are our greatest asset. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that promotes a culture of innovation, growth, and inclusion. We offer company events, activities, and opportunities to participate in charitable initiatives that benefit the communities where we are located.
The right candidate will
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Review production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develop or revises standard operational
What you'll need
- 4 year technical degree; Mechanical Engineering or Machine Shop experience preferred
- 6 - 8 years of overall professional experience in management / specific discipline
- 4-6 years in a position of similar complexity, scope, size and impact.
- Broad knowledge and experience in manufacturing gained at successive levels of responsibility in multiple areas of plant/factory/heavy industrial environment(s)
- The candidate must be authorized to work in the United States and be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
What we offer
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.