Conn's was founded over 120 years ago and is currently operating 100+ stores and expanding into new markets. Conn's is publicly owned and offers a comprehensive benefits program including: Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Vacation, Basic Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Discounts.
The Sales Assistant Manager's role is to support the Sales Manager in running a store successfully. In order to be effective in this position, a successful employee will use his or her independent judgment and discretion to determine creative and viable ways to handle day-to-day and special situations.
- Assists in maintaining store staff by recruiting, orienting and training associates
- Solely responsible for the management of the store in the absence of the Sales Manager and required to exercise independent judgment and discretion in doing so
- Serves customers as needed to ensure complete satisfaction and outstanding customer service
- Responsible for setting goals, timelines, deadline and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the store
- Manages and completes administrative store functions
- Helps maintain inventory control, making certain that the store's merchandise is properly displayed and tagged,
- Trains sales personnel
- Supervisory responsibility for sales employees, including input in job assignments, hiring, firing, discipline, promotion and other employment actions
- Maintains and protects company assets by adhering to, and requiring employee adherence, to, all company policies and procedures
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Ensures the store is clean and attractive and meeting or exceeding sales goal and quotas
- Makes certain that all Company policies and procedures are followed.
- 1 to 3 years previous retail experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred but not required
The Conn's HomePlus Team is in the people business - people serving other people. For over 125 years, we have been wholly dedicated to enriching the lives of our employees and providing superior experiences for our customers. From professional development and career-growth opportunities for our employees, to high-quality products and purchasing options for our customers, Conn's is excited to serve you!
The people business depends on team members who are excited about making a positive impact on those around them. Whether your interest is in retail sales, warehouse and repair operations, call centers, or corporate opportunities, you can find a home and career with the Conn's HomePlus Team.
Role: Sales Assistant Manager
Apply for this job now.