Working closely with the analytics and account teams, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing data visualization and ingestion for the organization. This individual will be expected to deliver unique business insights by packaging data in ways that will assist clients in understanding complex analyses and data trends. The Business Intelligence Analyst will also spearhead the data democratization movement for the agency identifying insights for specific audiences that will enable all levels of employees to leverage data for decision-making.
A successful candidate will work collaboratively across departments to understand the business needs for data visualization and proactively make recommendations as to the best way to present data in an easily digestible format. The role will require a strong knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools, but also must be able to see connections and make meaning out of the data available. He/she will be solution oriented, self-start, work effectively independently and as part of a larger team, and be a strong communicator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains and advances the capabilities of existing dashboards ensuring functionality and customization where necessary
• Spearheads data visualization projects focusing on analytics and media reporting
• Extracts data from databases and manages all necessary transformation processes for data presentation, including data joins across multiple sources
• Proactively seeks opportunities to improve data quality and operational efficiency
• Collaborates with the database administrator to create daily reports through SQL to track the efficiency and accuracy of automated systems
• Provides thought leadership on BI tools and stays abreast on developing trends for data and analytics visualization
• Translates complex data and analysis into easily understood metrics
• Develops visualizations and alerts that will identify emerging performance trends and issues
• Analyzes, develops, and creates reports
• Follows all company health and safety procedures
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned
The BI Analyst will participate in internal team meetings to understand business needs, present work, cross-train, and communicate progress. The BI Analyst may also communicate directly with clients to address key questions and deliver important insights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required, Information Systems, Data Science, or Business Intelligence degree preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
3-5 years related experience required
Ocean Media is a leading independent media planning, media buying, and social media agency in the country. The agency was founded in 1996 on the tenet that a client's return on investment (ROI) should be at the absolute forefront of its advertising efforts. Through the years, the team at Ocean Media has been able to deliver extremely effective results to our clients through innovative, measured and focused advertising strategies. Clients include Priceline, Angie's List, Ancestry.com, Overstock.com, FreeCreditScore.com, Care.com, JustFab.com, eBates.com, Creditreport.com, Lending Tree and MyLife.com.
Role: Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Huntington Beach,
Apply for this job now.