SMC is rapidly expanding their business and need caring and skilled people such as yourself to join our incredible team! As a leading manufacturer of medical devices, we care as much about our employees as we do our product. Apply today for the opportunity to work in a state of the art facility with a world class team!
Direct Process Engineering Team with regard to New Product Development. Develop optimum molding processes for manufacturing medical components. Provide recommendations and implement improvements to processes and manufacturing methods for new projects and existing production processes, methods, and controls.
• Lead and direct Process Engineering Team with regard to New Product Development efforts and support for Production Operations as required. Responsible for performing performance appraisals and developing appropriate training plans for Process Engineering Team.
• Coordinate Process Engineering efforts for New Developments in both Sterling and Leominster facilities.
• Coordinate with scheduling and develop testing plan to make best use of available machine time.
• Develop weekly and daily plan and deploy team resources to achieve test workload. This may require staggered shifts, or flexible hours, or one person working 2nd shift to achieve high points in workload.
• Regular attendance.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
• Train and Mentor Process Engineering team to achieve and maintain appropriate levels of skills required.
• Implement usage RJG E-Dart’s and instrumented molds, Scientific molding techniques and Decoupled Molding.
• Train and develop a mold setter / material handler to prep samples in advance. Long term objective is to develop good process technicians.
• Responsible to perform mold and process testing for mold debug, process development, and validation studies. Develop, document, and implement standard manufacturing processes and methodologies.
• Perform research, design and develop manufacturing processes and new technologies. Recommend and improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
• Work with design, manufacturing, production, engineers and tooling during the entire development cycle.
• Participate in Tool Design Reviews and recommend improvements to optimize molding, setup, and overall manufacturing.
• Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes and material issues. Work with internal and external resources to resolve molding and manufacturing issues and implement long term solutions.
• Research, develop, and implement manufacturing process controls, machinery modifications and improvements.
• Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or molding improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Plastics Engineering
• Minimum of 15 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Production processing experience in injection molding.
• Solid experience implementing decoupled molding processes and scientific molding techniques.
• Understanding of mechanical assembly processes and injection mold tooling.
• Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including process flow, cell layout, assembly and production equipment.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Brand new clean, bright and safe facility centrally located in Devens, MA
- You will have every other weekend off
- Paid personal time off and paid holidays
- Matching 401(k) Plan!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- No cost life insurance plan for you, your spouse and child(ren)
We celebrate together and join forces to help our community! Cookouts, ice cream truck, pot lucks, and many other celebrations throughout the year. We band together to contribute to a number of good causes: For our troops overseas, the local food pantry, Toys For Tots, coat drives, charitable and just for fun golf tournaments and more!
SMC Ltd. is a contract manufacturer of devices supporting the health care industry. With a core competency of complex molding, SMC specializes in single use finished devices. With a team of dedicated engineers, quality and manufacturing services, SMC can work with you to reduce risk, accelerate lead-times, and increase speed-to-market on even the most challenging finished device.
Role: Senior Process Engineer
Apply for this job now.