The Circles of San Antonio Community Coalition's mission is to create change through collaboration with community stakeholders to educate and motivate individuals, families, organizations and institutions with the goal of preventing and reducing substance use and substance use disorders.
- Prepare and conduct informational presentations to community groups on coalition goals, facts about alcohol, prescription drugs and marijuana.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, professional and productive work relationships with local key stakeholders.
- Assist coalition officers with coordination of monthly coalition meetings, including notices, agendas, minutes and support documentation as needed.
- Market the coalition and coalition efforts to recruit potential members or partners.
- Plan and participate in community outreach activities at local events, festivals and fairs as assigned.
- Attend meetings, training's, staff meetings as assigned.
- Prepare written monthly reports concerning coalition activities.
- Work with coalition team on process and outcome evaluation
- Assist with the development of new strategies based on community needs assessments.
Education/ Training/ Work Experience/ Skills :
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of social work, public health, other human services preferred; commensurate experience accepted as determined by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Certified Prevention Specialist Preferred or Associate Prevention Specialist (APS) to be completed within 20 months of employment
- Experience in coalition building, recruiting and supervising volunteer groups.
- Knowledge of community change process
- Fluent in computer programs and social media tools
- Ability to work independently and yet maintain close, collaborative relationships with coalition members and other staff.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to lift, pull, and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and provide your own transportation to and from school and community assignments.
- Must be able to work occasional outdoor activities and handle outdoor environmental elements.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when needed.
Empowering our community to live healthy lives; by providing prevention, intervention, and recovery support services for children and adults.
Role: Coalition Coordinator
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.